Easy Lava Cakes – gluten, soy, & nut free
I apologize this post wasn’t up for Valentine’s Day, but my husband found and tweaked this recipe for me and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! So, naturally, I had to type it up and share it with you all! Now you have it for whatever your next special occasion is (your birthday, Easter, or Saturday–you know, we don’t judge around here!)
My husband says thankfully they’re not hard to make, because I have asked for him to make them again tonight, so I had fresh photos, of course! 😉
- 8 TBSP butter (or non-dairy alternative for dairy free)
- ¾ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (Top 8 free)
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks (ideally free-range, just sayin’)
- 2 TBSP sugar (I prefer Woodstock Organic unbleached)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a muffin pan. (I prefer the “If You Care” brand of muffin liners, they are are not bleached. Can be found on Vitacost.com or Whole Foods.)
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together over low heat until smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Divide among 9 standard muffin cups and bake until cakes are puffed up, but still jiggly in the center – about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn out upside down onto a plate, garnish, and serve immediately.
*This could also easily be made dairy free by using a non dairy butter substitute.
**These can be topped with fruit, powdered sugar, or a Free2B Suncup–that makes it taste like there is a peanut butter sauce on top (but they are peanut & nut free, soy free, shellfish/fish free, gluten free, egg free, and working on dairy free).
OR you can take them with you to Outback and have them with their amazing ice cream and homemade fudge sauce (it’s gluten free, as is the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under–but that brownie has nuts, so normally I just have the ice cream and chocolate sauce).