I love a good, raw cookie dough but my mother was far too overprotective to ever let us eat it. Her facts about salmonella take all the enjoyment out of eating it. Until now! Simply make egg-less cookie dough so it’s safe to eat in its dough form.
The recipe I use is below. The only modification from the recipe I use in order for it to be top 8 free would be a butter substitute for dairy free. (Recipe modified from FlippinDelicious: http://flippindelicious.com/2015/07/gluten-free-edible-cookie-dough-egg-less.html):
- 1/4 cup butter (or butter substitute for dairy free), melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk alternative or water (yes, I was out of milk and used water–it worked!)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 3/4 cup Cup4Cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (gluten free, nut free, dairy free, soy free)*
*another option is Equal Exchange–they don’t have mini chocolate chips, but they are fair trade and gluten/soy/nut/dairy/egg free and made in a facility free of those)
The result is a delicious cookie dough that is safe to eat. I’m not sure how this would turn out if you baked it–I just eat it as dough. I have also mixed it with ice cream for a gluten free cookie dough ice cream (pictured below)–YUM!