Ok, I was going to tell you about the other wonderful gluten free restaurants I visited while in PA, but first I have to share this DELICIOUS gluten free white chicken lasagna we made the other night. Seriously, you’re going to want to make this ASAP!
Gluten free White Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
- 1box of GF lasagna noodles
- ½ cup butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- onion powder (or onion salt and skip salt below)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups GF chicken broth (I prefer Trader Joe’s free range gluten free chicken broth if I don’t have homemade)
- 1-½ cup milk (we used Silk Pure Almond milk as a low lactose option with no issues)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided into 2x 2 cup portions)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (divided into 2x 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 TBSP fresh)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (ensure GF–watch out for modified food starch)
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 10 oz. bag of frozen peas, defrosted
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water according to package directions, then rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the garlic.
Stir in GF flour or cornstarch, herbs, and salt; simmer until bubbly.
Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan.
Remove from heat and set aside, stir in peas now.
Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the 9×13 inch baking dish.
Then layer with 1/3 of the noodles
Then add the ricotta and cooked chicken, remaining 2 cups of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of parmesan to the sauce mixture and alternate cheesy-sauce mixture and noodles, ending with the sauce mixture on top. Top with additional mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Bake for about 35 minutes.
It’s better the longer you can let it stand before cutting pieces! Makes wonderful leftovers, reheats well (even in microwaves).
Serve with a side of gluten free bread toasted, with butter and garlic salt (or minced garlic)!
Let me know if you love it as much as we do.